EAGLE stands for Education Administered in a Godly Living Environment. We are a group of Christian home schooling families that have joined together to offer support, encouragement, and advice
for each other. Our volunteering parents plan activities, field trips, and classes to enhance the home education experience. We currently have about 200 families in our group. Most group
activities take place in the Corinth area of Alcorn County, Mississippi. Member families sometimes come from the surrounding counties of Prentiss, Tishomingo, Tippah, and Benton, as well as
Tennessee and Alabama.
Parents are the primary academic educators of their children.
Parents are the primary spiritual educators of their children. We encourage families to worship together in the church of their own choice. EAGLE is comprised of members from many denominations.
Our association and leaders are guided by these principles:
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible word of God. It is never wrong and never contradicts. (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Psalm 119:60)
- God has existed for all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (2 Cor 13:14; 1 John 5:7; Gen 1:26, 3:22)
- Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, is God and came in human flesh being fully God and fully man and is/was without sin. (Matt 1:23; John 1:14; 1 Tim 3:16)
- Man, by nature, is sinful and inherently in need of salvation. (Rom 3:23; 6:23)
- Christ’s death provides atonement for our sins. He rose from the dead in the flesh. (Rom 5:9-11; 1 Cor 15:1-8; John 20:27)
- Salvation is offered as a free gift to all sinners. This gift must be responded to by individual faith, not trusting in any personal works, but only in the death and resurrection of Christ
alone. (Rom 4:5, 5:15-18; Eph 2:8-9)
- Jesus will literally come to earth again in the Second Advent. (1 Thes 4:14-18; Rev 1:7; Matt 24:30)
- We believe the Bible's literal account in Genesis of the creation of the world and all that exists is the only framework for teaching in all science, origin of life and history
courses. (Gen 1; Ex 20:11, 31:17; Mark 10:6)
- We believe that all human life is precious in the sight of The Lord and the word of God teaches us to protect those lives from the time of Conception (or from the womb). (Isa 44:24, 49:5; Jer
1:5, Luke 1:41, Gal 1:15)
- Children are a heritage from the Lord, entrusted to parents to train up in righteousness for His glory. (Eph 6:4; Titus 2:4; Col 3:21)
- The Bible describes human gender in binary terms. Gender and biological sex are equivalent and cannot be separated. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s
gender by surgery or appearance; that the only Scriptural marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Gen 1:27, 2:24; Matt 19:4; Rom 1: 26-29; Heb 13:4)
- We believe that the term 'marriage' has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture.
(Matt 19:4-6; 1 Cor 7:2; Gen 2:24)